Kier Housing Maintenance is looking to recruit a Site Manager, who will report to the Regional Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the provision of a safe, efficient and cost effective service stream on all areas of service delivery ensuring the highest quality of work is provided in the timescales.
- Manage the site and ensuring the work is completed safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality by effectively organising and managing the site activities
- Support the business in building and operating a team to achieve company objectives by assisting the Senior Management in the formulation of contractual strategies and ensuring that such strategies are implemented
- Carry out ‘toolbox talks’ in line with the work areas programme and maintain records
- Monitor reportable accidents and ensure correct paperwork is submitted to appropriate personnel
- Identify the need for Risk Assessments / Safe Systems of work and implement in your area whilst maintaining records
- Manage and implement H&S procedures including the weekly audit process and ensuring all registers and documentation are entered correctly and in a timely manner
- Deliver changes to current working practices and procedures to provide service improvements through negotiation and consultation with recognised employee representatives, whilst ensuring effective employee relations
- Understand budgets, valuations and costs whilst recognising contractual requirements
- Control and monitor the use of all resources including sub-contractors to maximise efficiency and minimise costs
- Ensure the timely delivery of MI, project reporting and forecasting
- Support the procurement functions in the selections of sub-contractors and suppliers and provide performance feedback
- Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, daily diary, weekly labour, plant, materials and goods returned, progress photographs, site inductions, and health and safety records
- Contribute to HR requirements, carry out annual PPRs, identify training needs, monitor operative attendance etc
- Able to demonstrate a good level of financial knowledge in meeting the business and customer objectives
- Ensuring staff you are responsible for understand their roles and responsibilities, and manage them accordingly by providing guidance and training as necessary
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.
- Holder of a Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous Site Management experience is essential
- Proven track record in successfully managing a project
- Leadership skills (control and management of employees)
- Commercially aware with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills and customer focussed
- Literate and numerate with good IT Skills
- Self-motivated and ambitious
: United Kingdom-England-Greater London-London
: Site Management
: Kier Group UK