The Business Support Specialist role is based within Legal and Compliance.
The role of the Business Support Specialist is to The Business Support Associate has responsibility to analyse and refine business support requirements to enable smooth business delivery processes. They are to support projects and provide proposed solutions for business requirements that will meet the overall needs of the business whilst also being cost effective and in line with relevant standards and policies.
The Business Support Associate role includes, but is not limited to, producing management information, giving advice and guidance to employees and stakeholders across various functions. To enable cross function working with strategy planning Business Support Associates will be expected to form relationships with a variety of stakeholders from across the function or business.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assist with the implementing a consistent and effective approach to financial, control & people management across the functional areas.
• Identify and implement best practice across the organisation to enable the highest operational standards.
• Co-ordinate the Risk Strategy Chief Risk and Administration Officer (CRAO) requirements across the Functions and Regions teams to meet global processes and deadlines.
• Define and adopt best practice through collaborating with our key business partners (e.g. Finance, HR, Communications)
• Co-ordinate the Management Information (MI) & Governance processes for reporting to the key Risk stakeholders meetings.
• Assist with the definition and implementation of the Global Risk Strategy communications plan in conjunction with Global Risk Communications team
• Liaise and work closely with Business Partner teams globally to implement initiatives within Global Risk Strategy: Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Performance management process, talent management process, Communications Plan, Business Risk and Controls Management (BRCM) and Information Security Risk (ISR) as required.
• Build relationships, adopting a joined up approach, to execute processes at pace and with minimum conflict
• Ensure that internal and external regulatory requirements are met
• Ensure that the business operates using accepted industry – standard methodologies, practices, processes and principles
• Innovation and improvement of methodologies, through adoption of best practice and continued professional development and ensuring these meet required standards and regulations
• Work with CRAO and Business Partner teams to ensure delivery of initiatives
• Drive a high performance culture through delivering standards, collaboration and effective people interaction
• Agree responsibilities within formal and informal network, providing context, direction and confidence to deliver results
• Collaborate with other business partners and Global Functions areas to ensure commonality and consistency of solutions
• Implement quality framework for Global Risk Strategy
• Ensure that all staff and activities comply with existing regulations and auditory requirements.
• Ensure organisational compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of our businesses.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Business Support
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- A track record of gaining an understanding of customers’ needs and delivering excellent customer service
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
The base location for this role is Edinburgh
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
: Legal & Compliance
: Europe-United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy